So today I am calling Friday Favorites “things that are brill” because 1. I miss England and saying that something is “brill” is decidedly English and 2. Brill just seems to better describe the items on todays list. So here we go.
1. I have itunes and youtube back! Due to the fact that those sites were blocked during my time at capernwray (thanks les), I was completely oblivious to updates in the music world. Now that I have normal internet again my eyes have been opened to wonderful things. Which leads me to the next two points.
2. Owl City’s new album, All Things Bright and Beautiful. Seriously its magical. I haven’t been able to buy it yet due to the fact that I’m broke, but what I have heard of it is so far is BRILL.
3. This video. The song? Turn to Stone by Ingrid Michaelson. The choreographer? The amazing Travis Wall. The dancers? Two dancers on So You Think You Can Dance that I cant wait to fall in love with when I get home and can watch the show. Watch this and then watch it again and again. Oh how I miss dancing.
4. Being able to watch the bachelorette. I can just hear Lizzie cheering and everyone else groaning. I dont care what you think. That show is awesome and hilarious. (And Bentley is a complete and total d-bag. I dont care how annoying Ashley is. What a poop face.) Anyways it’s just another brilliant thing about normal internet.
5. Las Montañas. The Sierra Nevadas in particular. It’s very odd to be sweating profusely while staring at snow capped mountains, but I like it. Mountains always make me feel at home for some reason. (This is especially weird considering there aren’t any mountains in Lilburn, GA.) I love these mountains in Spain. They are really gorgeous.
6. Oh ya… BEING IN SPAIN. Duh. However I must premise this by saying that it’s been a much more difficult transition than I expected. (I will probably write a blog post on this soon.) However Spain is really lovely and I am having a wonderful time so far. The people too are really great. I love kissing people and eating good food and stumbling through the Spanish language (just so you know Estoy buena doesn’t mean I’m good. It means I’m sexy.)
7. That time I totally fell in love with Granada. AKA last night. My host family took me down town last night for tapas and I was blown away by Granada. I wasn’t expecting it to be so beautiful. I absolutely love it.
10. TODAY! (I will go to pick her up in about 7 hours… let the countdown begin.)
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday wherever in the world you may be!