Ah, summer break. Bright, warm, relaxing, and very very short. For me at least. My maymester class began today. History of the English Language. Not a terrible class, but 2 and a half hours a day for 5 days a week for the next three weeks is not exactly how I hoped to spend the month of May. Then I have summer classes in June and blah blah blah, complain, complain, complain. However, I refuse to maintain this attitude for long. Summer is summer, and I get to spend this one in the city. So in between class, work, and study sessions, I will wander into parks and coffee shops and read one of the books off of my ambitious summer reading list.
1. The Road by McCarthy
2. A Long Way Gone by Beah
3. Perelandra by Lewis
4. Me Talk Pretty One Day by Sedaris
5. The Great Railway Bazaar by Theroux
6. The Fellowship of the Ring by Tolkien
7. Journey by Morris
8. At the Back of the North Wind by MacDonald
9. Tuesdays with Morrie by Albom
10. Annals of the Former World by Mcphee
I’ll let you know how the reading goes. Happy summer!