Hi, I’m Elizabeth! I live in NYC with my cat (Phoebe), my dog (Wendy), and my partner (Tucker).
I’m originally from Atlanta and have also lived in the Middle East and Eastern Europe. I moved to New York City in 2016 for graduate school where I researched on the impact movement has on the social and emotional wellbeing of adolescent refugee girls. I work as a nonprofit consultant, an emergency room advocate, a doula, and a yoga teacher.
I’m a traveler, writer, dweller of coffee shops and mountain tops, feminist, yogi, former ballerina, occasional musician and avid thrifter. I’ve been to 27 countries, and though my traveling has slowed recently, I hope to go to 27 more.
I’ve had this blog since 2009 and have used it for random thoughts, poems, stories, travel posts, lists, and other musings. I hope you find something here that speaks to you.
- 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training with Three Sisters Yoga
- DONA International Birth Doula and Childbirth Education with Rina Rios
- 80 hour Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Program training with Mt. Sinai Hospital
- Master of Arts in International Educational Development from Columbia University
- Bachelor of Arts in English from Georgia State University