Hi, I’m Elizabeth! I live in Chicago with my cat (Phoebe), my dog (Mabel), and my partner (Tucker).
I’m originally from Atlanta and have also lived in the Middle East and Eastern Europe. I received my Master of Arts degree in International Educational Development at Columbia University where I researched on the impact movement has on the social and emotional wellbeing of adolescent refugee girls. I now work as a nonprofit writer, a reproductive health advocate, doula, and yoga teacher.
I’ve had this blog since 2009 and have used it for random thoughts, poems, stories, travel posts, lists, and other musings. I hope you find something here that speaks to you.
- 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training with Three Sisters Yoga
- Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training with Exhale to Inhale
- DONA International Birth Doula and Childbirth Education with Rina Rios
- 80 hour Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Program training with Mt. Sinai Hospital
- Master of Arts in International Educational Development from Columbia University
- Bachelor of Arts in English from Georgia State University