I’m doing a lot of packing and cleaning these days. I move out of my little dorm room tomorrow, and I’m going to Kosovo in a week and a half (yay!). Here are my top 11 (because I couldn’t narrow it down to 10) favorite song covers that I have been slow jamming to lately. They are full of feelings and adventure and happy just like all our summers will be.
11. London Grammar- Wrecking Ball. Amazing, and also a more socially acceptable way to enjoy this Miley Cyrus jam.
10. Daughter- Get Lucky. I have to include this just in case you haven’t heard this amazing cover yet.
9. The 1975- What Makes You Beautiful. The 1975 is a dirty little band from Manchester that I accidentally discovered while at a The Neighbourhood concert. They are pretty amazing and I love the fact that Matty looks like he’s going to start laughing and/or crying at any moment.
8. Milo Greene- We Didn’t Start the Fire. Because Milo Greene is my favorite and this song always reminds me of The Office. (It starts like 1 minute in).
7. Thirty Seconds to Mars- Stay. I will always stay, Jared Leto. Always.
6. Ed Sheeran and Passenger- No Diggity + Thrift Shop. This has been my favorite for a long time. I just can’t stop listening to it. And these two singers are the ultimate dynamic duo (especially when it comes to songs that make me weep).
5. Bastille- No Scrubs. This is forever my jam as I walk down the streets of Beirut. No scrubs here, please, thank you.
4. Ben Howard- Video Games. Forever one of my favorite songs. Forever one of my favorite artists.
3. Tom Odell- I Knew You Were Trouble. Tom Odell is recent love of mine. He solidified my love for him when he did this Taylor Swift cover that makes me weep.
2. ADDIE- Blurred Lines. I typically hate this song (like the good little feminist that I am), but this cover is INSANE. This girl should sing every song ever written ever.
1. Ed Sheeran- Drunk in Love. Oh. My. Beyonce. As if I wasn’t in love with Ed Sheeran enough already, he goes and does this perfect cover of Queen B’s number one jam. It doesn’t get much better than this.
Honorable mentions: Miley Cyrus- Summertime Sadness, Arctic Monkeys- Hold On, We’re Going Home, Gabrielle Aplin- Best Song Ever, Birdy- Wake Me Up (and every other Birdy cover for that matter).
One thought on “Under the Covers”
The Bastille and Ed Sheeran covers are AMAZING! definitely going to check out some of the others now! Thanks for the post :)